NEW LIFE CHURCH JAIL & PRISON MENTORING MINISTRY
To see the incarcerated, recently released and those in our community, become transformed and fully devoted followers of Christ as productive citizens and servant leaders.
To help set the captives free, inside and out, through the healing power of Jesus Christ. Isaiah 61:1
THERE IS AN OBVIOUS NEED TODAY FOR CHRISTIAN MENTORING
The Isaiah 611 Project recognizes this need by offering an opportunity to the Body of Christ to get involved and be committed to help through the ministry's mentoring program. Our goal is to reform and transform individuals by offering a side-by-side mentoring program based on the Word of God and Biblical principals to change their lives.
Mentoring is an opportunity for growth and development for both mentor and mentee as their relationship with each other and their fellowship with Christ grows.
Those who are in our communities, institutions, and inmates preparing to return to society, need loving Christian mentors who will demonstrate Christ-like living, help them break the strongholds of their former lifestyles, hold them accountable for their actions, and walk with them as they rebuild their lives.
MENTOR PROGRAM VALUES AND OBJECTIVES
Following the Savior and modeling the Word of God
Partnering to mobilize and equip believers for mutual growth.
Investing in unpaid workers for key tasks to change lives.
Quality training and ongoing encouragement for staff and volunteers.
Protecting all participants and partners with clear guidelines and communication.
Balancing a ministry heart and business mind to achieve our calling and potential.
Partnering with diverse ages of the mentees to develop greater understanding, respect, and love.
Empathy leads to tangible help and a desire to learn from others brings wisdom.
The Word of God through our mentors and program, will make a positive change.
- Empathy and Giving Value
- Listening and Understanding
- Identifying Potential and Assisting the Pursuit
- Modeling Love and Faith
- Building Resilience and Hope
- Have Consistency and Be Faithful
- Give and Be Supportive
- Promote Empowerment and Encouragement
- Have Boundaries and Expectations
- Use Time Constructively
- Have Positive Values
- Have Social Competencies
- Speak The Truth in Love
ARE YOU READY TO BE A FREEDOM FIGHTER?
Come join us by becoming a mentor to bring the Good news to those who are in need to become reformed and transformed by the Word of God and through your mentorship in this ministry.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Effective Christian mentors should meet the following requirements and common characteristics.
- Model mature Christian character and stability.
- Be Biblically literate, committed to studying and holding firm the truths of Scripture.
- Have the ability to build and maintain a healthy relationship.
- Respond well to supervision and direction.
- Be honest reliable and trustworthy.
- Have discernment and not be easily manipulated.
- Have no personal problems that might affect the mentoring relationship.
- Understanding the importance of following rules and are willing to abide by them.
- Be teachable and willing to learn.
- Be willing to make a long-term commitment.
- Be able to pass a personal background check.
****Once of the most important things a mentor is to provide is to show a model of Godly behaviors and attitudes.
- The ability to look past circumstances in the mentee’s life and find positive potential.
- An attitude of tolerance and patience.
- The ability to empathize with many failures the mentee has experienced and focus on being an encourager.
- The insight and wisdom to help the mentee maintain an interest in the program.
- The ability and willingness to share personal experiences that may encourage the mentee.
- The ability to direct. the mentee to specific Bible passages and program literature.
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Fill out this form and a member of this ministry will reach out to you.